Thursday, March 20, 2008

So I googled "good news for little girls"

And I really wanted to be pleasantly surprised. But I was disappointed to say the least. These were the top 5 search results this morning:

#1 Hero dog bitten defending little girl- avoiding being mauled by a dog is good news I guess. But I wish the media would cover girls that save themselves.


#2 Reluctant hero who pulled girl from.... OK another little damsel in distress story.


#3 Little girls cuts hair in honor of grandpa..... This is good news for the girl? Her grandpa has cancer and she is 4 and "decides" to cut off her hair and donate to locks of love. Maybe I am too cynical, but me smells mommy-wants-a-press-release.


#4 Daddy's Little Girls (USA) 2007 Thinking this is not a movie that is good news for little girls since it is rated PG-13 for sexual content and violence.


#5 Good news for Pete Wenz fans- he is NOT dating Ashlee Simpson- don't even know where to start on this one.

Finally on page two, ranked number 17 in the "good news for girls" web search, I find a you tube video: Martial Arts Demonstration: Little Girl Fights Off Man and thoroughly enjoyed it!!

Hope to find more stories about girls with power, or at least some real good news for them.

Here is my power little girl last summer:

Happy Spring!!

1 comment:

Hayley Townley, Jack of Many Trades said...

Daring Book for Girls was written for your little 'un!